Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hidden Trail

I am so very intrigued by all the open spaces here in Colorado. I'll be driving somewhere and spot an open space sign and see a trail disappear behind some trees and I absolutely have to go back and find it! :)

These nature paths are wonderful. They're not a park, have no facilities or signs. Just a nice place to take a walk and enjoy nature!

Connor and I found one that was well hidden. I've been looking for the trail head for weeks. I'd see these lovely dirt paths running through trees and flowers and it drove me nuts. This trail was off a winding road downtown and I finally made it a mission to get to it one afternoon. We found it behind the library! :) It was well worth the effort. What a beautiful and serene walk we had!





No, we did not attempt to cross! :)



I was so glad that Connor took it upon himself to wander into this field of flowers. I love flower fields...they make me want to run through them and maybe do a cartwheel.











I am very, very obsessed with photographing these trails. I like pictures of people walking along the trail. I like pictures of Connor running down a trail. I especially love dirt trails that wind around a bend. They look romantic and a bit mysterious. What is around the bend? You want to keep going and find out.












so carefree

misty mountains

Laughing on the way home :)


There are few things that Connor enjoys more than an afternoon of exploration. I try to keep days open and free so we can do things like this without time constraints. We just wander and enjoy. :)

No comments: