Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day

I had a really fantastic Mother's Day this year! It was fun to have Connor at an age where he's so much more interactive. One of my favorite moments was him rushing into the house holding the bouquet of roses he picked out for me. :)



Nick did such a great job getting Connor involved. They got me roses, made breakfast, got me Starbucks and helped get most of dinner ready. Rather than go out, we decided to make something easy and casual and invite our friend/neighbor over with her two boys. With a husband deployed and little children and no family, I knew it was likely no one was making her a Mother's Day meal.

I am so glad we opted to stay home and just visit and fellowship over a simple meal. We had such a nice time! The boys all played so well together (as usual) and we had a lovely visit. It's amazing to have such a long adult conversation without children interrupting! :) These boys are such great buddies, all they wanted to do was play in the backyard together for hours.

Every kid that comes over wants to hold Mudpie!


Super sweet family! So thankful to have them as friends!


My lovely friend Rosie! She's 11 years older but we have so much in common. Being right across the street, we end up visiting a LOT. We talk a lot so it's a good thing our boys all play together so well! :)

I got my Starbucks and guess who snatched it up??




He is not allowed to have coffee, but since it was mostly the icy dregs left, I was nice. Still, stealing a woman's Starbucks on Mother's Day? Really not cool!

See that face? He's trying hard to be nice and share, but he was really having to control himself! lol

It's way more fun to share when you control the straw and Mommy makes silly faces!



See that face? He wasn't unhappy to be hugged, he was eying the cup I sat down on the coffee table. :)

I had managed to get all my Mother's Day cards and gifts out on time and our dinner was a success (guests went back for seconds, so it had to be good!). My mom sent me a stand mixer which was a huge surprise and I'm very excited about.

My sweet husband also made me a mother's necklace. He actually bought all the tools and parts and made it himself. One charm has Connor's name, one Sean's and one with our two names. I adore it. I was very touched by such a thoughtful gift.


Every year, I am more thankful for my mom, my mother-in-law and all the moms in my life. I am honored to be Connor's and Sean's mom.

I hope you all had a blessed Mother's Day too!

2 comments:

Karen Butterworth said...

Hey, coffee is healthy and full of antioxidants! You're depriving the poor kid! ;)

Karen Butterworth said...

On a more serious note, I am glad you had a good day. But you knew that already. :)