Monday, August 27, 2012

Exploring

On a trip to the Dollar Tree, we picked Connor up an explorer kit: a hat, a bug jar, a little bug catching net. He was so excited and we set off to explore the nature reserve near our house.





Connor is very attached to his Explorer Hat, as he calls it. He actually wants to take it with him everywhere now.






We've also been exploring new neighborhoods as we look for a new place to rent. We found this park with a lake in it and decided to take a walk.



Yup, that is a "leash" that Connor is attached to. Technically it's a Mother's Helper harness. :) I finally gave in and got one to try because Connor is so fast and I was still feeling nervous about taking him on long walks by myself.

Luckily, he doesn't mind the harness and in fact it seems to be helping drive home the message that he needs to stay with Mommy.


Those apartments were cool, but way out of our price range!




We took the harness on another long walk with our neighbor friends. That was a bit harder on me because Connor wanted to run with the other boys. Sigh. So I unleashed him and then Rosalinda and I spent the next hour yelling for the boys to stop running so far away from us. Good times! ;)



Here they come, running back











This was funny: we had walked about 2 miles and were discussing stopping for a rest. But we only had about 1/4 a mile to go to get home. Just as I said it was okay, let's just keep going, the dogs spotted this patch of grass. They made a beeline for it, flopped down and refused to move. It was hilarious. So the dogs made the choice for us and we all had a little rest. :)


No comments: