Sometimes I really don't understand God at all. Okay, most of the time. Most of the time I look up and go "God, seriously?!".
This is one of those times. We are moving again...not to Texas. Not yet anyway. The short version of the story is that the Army is still trying to make a decision, and we have no idea when or if Texas will happen.
Sadly, our landlords had no empathy for our situation. They want us to sign a 12 month lease or leave. It honestly never occurred to me that we'd really have to leave. I had convinced myself that our landlords felt so blessed to have such awesome tenants, they'd be overjoyed to let us pay on a month-to-month basis until we knew what the Army was going to do with us.
Haha!
Our property managers were amazing, and really went to bat for us. They came by to do a home inspection and reported to the owners that we were taking really great care of the place, things looked wonderful, and they'd be foolish to not let us stay on a little longer.
Well, the owners did not like that one bit. In fact, they hated that report so much they fired the property managers!! Yup, that's right. So now we've lost our champions and will have to deal with a brand new company for the last few weeks we're here. And deal with trying to get our deposit back from a new company who is clueless about the history of this place. Sigh.
We're very stressed out about this now. Praying and hoping this will turn out to be a fair company who will see that the property looks great, accept our 30 day notice and let us go and return our security deposit to us in a timely manner. That will be the best-case scenario. I won't even speculate on worst-case scenarios. Let's just say that the owners seem to want to hear something bad about us just so they can try and cheat us out of getting our deposit back. Oh yeah, just what I do not need to deal with.
The great news is we found a new place to live. We're still waiting for final approval, but so far things look good. I won't publicly share the name of the complex, but it's here in town and much closer to everything than where we are now. I'm not thrilled with the idea of living in an apartment, but as far as apartments go, this one is about the best you could hope for. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a laundry room with washer and dryer, a rather large kitchen, and really huge closets. The square footage is nearly as much as we have here in the house. The big downsides? No yard for Connor to play in and no garage. :( But we were lucky to find something so large and so affordable on the ground floor that also comes with a washer and dryer. That's a big blessing.
At least there is a playground on the property that Connor can enjoy!
Now I have to find a storage unit since we have a ton of stuff that won't fit into an apartment. Then pack. Then somehow move everything. Then deal with getting our deposit back on the house. Then somehow get settled into the apartment.
Then guess what I bet will happen? They'll move us to Texas! :) Then I get to do this all over again, look up at the heavens and ask yet again "God, seriously?!".


No comments:
Post a Comment