Friday, August 10, 2012

Wildflowers

Our area of Colorado has been awash in a sea of wildflowers for several months now. I enjoy seeing the cycles...for awhile the flowers were all whites, then pinks and purples. Now we're seeing these yellow flowers that look sort of like a sunflower. I love yellow flowers and have stopped to pick a few to put in a vase on our table. I don't care if they are weeds; they're pretty and cheerful. :)

Being a weed, they are of course growing in our yard:

"Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
― A.A. Milne Winnie the Pooh

I regret not taking more pictures of the other flowers we've seen. So today, we had a flower photo shoot!

Connor enjoyed his job as chief flower-picker.


Beyond adorable


Trying to show off the flower...


I'm a hippie at heart...I love the look of flowers in hair. :)

These stones have been missing for a long time. I know Connor moved them out of the garden, and I looked high and low for them. Today he showed up with both! I can't decide if Connor hid these as a protest at his arranged marriage or not. But I'm glad they're back and they got their own flower shot:

 
Connor is still a fan of the tiny white and pink flowers that grow in the grass, and he brings them to me to smell. I hope he always has a love of flowers (and remembers to bring lots to his future wife one day!).

1 comment:

Karen Butterworth said...

And now I have the song "San Francisco" stuck in my head: "If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear a flower in your hair..." ;)