Friday, September 28, 2012

A Mountain View

We're 95% moved in to our new apartment. So far, things are good. We've traded the sounds of tanks firing on base for the footsteps of our second-floor neighbors, but that is okay.

Connor and I have been exploring a bit. Not as much as I'd like, but that is because I completely overdid it lifting and moving boxes. My back and hips are killing me and my legs are weak. I hate that feeling and have been trying to rest and recuperate.

It wasn't until my first morning here that I saw we have a mountain view:



This is what I see every morning from my little corner of the living room where I have my coffee and read my bible. I love to see how different the mountains look every day, throughout the day.

It probably sounds funny, since we've lived here for a year surrounded by gorgeous mountains, but our old house was out on the prairie and we never saw the mountains unless we drove over the hills. I always thought my prairie and all the trees were very pretty. But now that I am here, I'm thrilled to see the mountains every day.

I hobbled out of the house to take Connor for a walk and to find the tot lot here. We discovered a gate leading out to a trail along one side of the apartment complex. I was much too weak and in too much pain to go very far, but the bit we saw was very nice. I am glad to have a place to take Connor walking that is pretty and off the main road.







 Here we are on the path that goes behind our section of apartments. I must say, they designed this place very nicely. There are plenty of sidewalks far away from the parking lot where little kids can safely walk and ride bikes. I really appreciate that.

Everyone has settled in without any problems at all. Josie actually seems to like it here much better than the house!

I was amazed one night to see Josie remain laying peacefully on our bed even after Connor jumped up to look at his books. So cute!





We have much MUCH larger bathrooms here than we did at the house. Weird! But I am so glad. Josie loves laying in the bathroom.


She is also coming out to lay in the hall, and look out the windows. She enjoys watching all the activity going on outside I guess. :)

Tomorrow we have one more trip to make to the old house to pick up a few things in the garage and yard. I have to finish cleaning the bathrooms, then we are DONE. Thank God! I realized that while it is a blessing to have over a week to move, I hated having to keep going back to our old home so many times. I like clean breaks I suppose. I just wanted to leave and be done with it all.

I'll try to post some indoor pictures soon. While I have unpacked, I haven't yet hung anything on the walls.

No comments: