Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sand Creek

I rested for a day, then we got back out to explore our neighborhood. The path we found the other day is actually quite long and we ventured much farther this time. I finally spotted the sign that identified this as Sand Creek. I hope the water levels go up at some point, but it is very pretty nonetheless. It's pleasant listening to the water gurgling as it runs over the rocks.

We made it to the end of one section where it ended at a busy, main street.




 Connor found a big grasshopper. Then we saw the neighborhood haunted house:


Creepy.

I'm very glad we opted to continue down the trail, past our gated entrance, and under the bridge. I saw a few joggers going that way so I figured it was safe. That is one nice thing about this trail; plenty of other people.

It was much nicer going in the other direction, so I think I'll go this way from now on! :)



Connor picked wildflowers. It cracked me up that he insisted all the yellow flowers go in one hand and all the purple in the other--no mixing! :)



Cloudy day, but I love this view! You can see our apartments peeking over the trees on the left.
 See the hawk in the tree? At least I think it's a hawk. He's huge!



Fall is well on it's way. I love to see the peeks of yellow, orange and red from the trees that have already turned.


I don't know why I continue to be pleasantly surprised to find nature paths at every turn. This is Colorado Springs. This stuff is everywhere.

No comments: