Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fun in the Snow!

Praise the Lord for a fun snow day! I am so happy that Connor got to get out and enjoy this before it all melts!


Not the best picture, but look----SNOW on the mountains!!

Today was a lot less cold, not at all windy, and the sun was mostly shining in a pretty blue sky. It was a perfect day to play out in the snow. We went out for awhile in the morning and Connor got thoroughly wet and dirty.



There he is with a ladle and a bowl. The original idea was to bring some clean snow onto the patio to play in. That quickly turned into a game of use the ladle to throw snow around. :)


 Oh I just love this face! Mischief and all :)

By some miracle, I was able to get Connor to come inside for lunch before going out to play again and he complied without a fuss. 

After lunch, we bundled up again and took a nice walk where we met a cat that matches our family's hair. :)



I made a last attempt at getting a Christmas card picture by hanging a few ornaments on a tree outside and trying to get Connor to pose. Yeah, he was far more interested in looking at his own reflection in the ornament than smiling for the camera.

who is that handsome fella?

the pine needles are poky



brrr!

finally got an overly cheesy smile. oh well :)



I got a lot more grins and giggles later on when Connor found a big pile of soft snow to play in. He absolutely loves chasing me and throwing snow!








laughing at me after getting me with a snowball

oops


Okay, I know I'm biased but I think Connor is just SO cute and I love this picture! 

Most of the pictures we take of the two of us are for Daddy, since he's at work at missing all the fun. Poor Daddy. :( 

Hi Daddy! We miss you!



 We made it home and took our bowls of snow onto the patio. Connor managed to combine things into a muddy, cold mess. It was funny when he looked down and realized his snow turned into this yucky stuff.


He told me "Look Mommy, it's muck!"

Late in the afternoon, dark clouds moved in and it got a lot colder outside. So I'm glad we spent so much of the nicer part of the day outdoors. Now, we're snuggled inside and putting up some more Christmas decorations. :)
 



No comments: