Thursday, February 12, 2009

4 Months

I have a meeting every Wednesday afternoon. Right after lunch, the time when we are all tired and full and just want to take a nap. It hit me yesterday how good I've been feeling lately. Instead of paying attention to the random chatter going on around me, I started to recall all of the issues I used to deal with on a daily basis and what has changed.

On a daily basis, or at least a few times a week I had:

Headaches
Stomachaches
Fatigue
Back Pain
Neck Pain

4 Months ago, I'd have been miserable in my Wednesday meeting. I'd have almost certainly had a stomachache since almost everything I ate had at least a 50% chance of making my stomach unhappy. I'd have already taken an Advil by this time to relieve a headache or neck pain.

Before beginning chiropractic care, that was my "normal". Yuck! It took an episode of numbness and tingling in my leg and arm to get me to do something about all my problems. 4 months ago I started seeing Dr. Bock and almost immediately my life changed.

Within a week, the numbness and tingling were gone.

Within a month, my daily back pain and headaches were gone. I clearly remember the one day I had a terrible headache and Dr. Bock adjusted me and the pain was gone immediately. I haven't had another headache since!

Within a couple of months, I noticed an improvement in my energy. When my body was free of pain, it felt capable of much more. After I started taking some high quality supplements recommended by Dr. Bock, I noticed an even a bigger improvement. Now, 4 months later I feel pretty good every day, all day!

For me, one of the biggest victories is my neck pain. I suffered with this terribly, to the point where my regular doctor had me on Vicodin and after awhile even that did nothing to take the edge off. I've spent 3 1/2 months doing special exercises, stretches, massages, adjustments, daily icing, daily wishing I could chop off my head and get a neck transplant.

Finally one day, it was better. I am still amazed. It must've been a slow improvement but towards the end, there was a big change fairly quickly. Now, praise the Lord, I can work all day with no pain. I can sit at home and actually watch a movie with Nick without propping my neck on 4 pillows and an ice pack. The tightness is gone. I still do my stretches every day and get my adjustments, which I'm sure will keep me feeling good.

I have finally made enough progress to cut back my treatments to 2x a week instead of 3x.

Chiropractors are not just back crackers. If you suffer from fatigue, chronic illness, headaches, allergies, digestive issues, pretty much anything...a chiropractor can help!
I find this fascinating. Take a look at the spine and the parts of the body that are controlled by each section. If you have a pinched nerve in the stomach area, that could be what's causing your digestive problems or heartburn! Interesting, huh?

3 comments:

Tana said...

1) that is completely awesome. i had no idea you had that much pain, but i'm really glad your quality of life has improved so dramatically!

2) that spine chart is fascinating.

Karen Butterworth said...

:)

I'm really, really glad you're feeling so much better. Praise God for a solution to all the ailments! :)

Tara said...

My doctor is definitely a tool in God's hands! They've prayed over me before too. I am so blessed.