Monday, February 16, 2009

Best Weekend Ever, Part 2

Sunday afternoon, we went to the Wildlife World Zoo & Aquarium. This is our favorite zoo and they just built a new aquarium there, so we've been looking forward to checking it out. It was a perfect day, cool weather and the animals were active and friendly as usual.

I posted a link to our whole album, but here are a few of my favorites from the day:



Feeding the lories was really fun. It was free; they give you an apple and you go inside the huge aviary and the birds just land on you and start munching. It was great!










This boa constrictor is so well fed and taken care of, it is not dangerous at all. So the zoo has no glass on it's enclosure. It's completely open, a fact I'm trying to show off here but it's kind of hard to tell from the picture.



Feeding the giraffes!



A view of the kangaroos from the sky ride



This ostrich came right over when I beckoned it. He must've thought I had some food...




1 comment:

Karen Butterworth said...

Glad you had such a great time!!! :)