Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Chase is on!

No pictures to accompany this post...I am not that quick of a photographer...

We had our first bunny chase last night. I was sitting on the couch watching Lost. Mudpie ventured out of her pen, hopping over to me. Suddenly Josie decided to start the chase. She ran halfway around the coffee table, Mudpie ran the other way. Both stopped on opposites sides of the coffee table. The race continued with each of them running (or hopping) halfway in the opposite direction, then pausing and turning around to go the other way. They never did catch one another. :-)

Mudpie finally gave up that silly, running-around-in-a-circle chase and made a beeline for her pen, took a huge leap and barreled right into the 2nd story of her cottage. The whole thing nearly tipped over and Josie pranced right after her, skidding to a halt since she can't fit into the front door of the cottage. Mudpie is certainly glad that Josie is a fat cat! :-)

It was all pretty funny and only lasted about 30 seconds. At least now I know that Mudpie is fast enough to get away when a cat decides to start getting feisty! I really can't tell if Josie was trying to play, or was on the hunt (or maybe both?).

Perhaps Josie will finally lose some weight if there's a rabbit to chase around! ;-)

1 comment:

Lauri Dilbeck said...

Would like to have been there for that!