We had to run out and buy fans and a small A/C unit to blow on Mudpie. Rabbits get heatstroke very easily and I was so afraid for her. She seems to be doing just fine so far.
My mom has a friend that works at our home warranty company and they got right on this. A repair man came over today and discovered our compressor needs to be replaced. He left saying it could be Wednesday before the part could be delivered. An hour or so later, I got a phone call from my mom's friend saying they were not only expediting our order, but they were also going to try and get us reimbursed for the a/c unit we had to buy! Wow!
So our compressor should be installed tomorrow! Only one more hot night to get through...
The cats are even more lethargic than usual in this heat:


Josie was happy we had to buy a big fan, because it gave her a box big enough to lay in! :-)
Mudpie has a new house. It's a Cottontail Cottage actually and it's 3 stories with ramps going up and down. So far, Mudpie loves it! She hung out on the top most of the time until the A/C went out and now she's on the ground floor.



Josie and Mudpie are getting braver with each other. I think Josie is starting to try to intimidate Mudpie though---when the bunny goes under the couch to hide, the cat sits right in front of it, staring at her, just waiting. So ornery!! I caught them almost nose-to-nose the other day:



I hope I have good news to share tomorrow---and I'll be typing it up in the comfort of a nice COOL house. :-)
3 comments:
doesn't the bunny want to eat the cardboard cottage? or is it not cardboard? i hope your a/c is back today!
Oh yeah, she nibbles on her house (it is made of cardboard).
Cute pictures as always. I just want to give Mudpie a big ol' hug!
Hope you're cool again soon...but wait, you guys are cool even without the air conditioning!
Post a Comment