Monday, May 4, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

This here is my attempt at both inspiration and accountability. I have many blogger friends that share their meal plans for the week. It always inspires me! I am pretty hit-and-miss when it comes to really good, consistent meal planning. It takes a lot of work! So here we go...I will try to do this every week and if possible, share at least one recipe that I'm making.

Breakfasts: oatmeal, yogurt, bagels and cream cheese

Lunches: leftovers (ha! that's ALL we ever have for lunch! Should I consider making something for lunch and doing more leftovers for dinners instead??)

Dinners:
Monday - cheeseburger macaroni and green beans
Tuesday - taking the parents out to celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Wednesday - Meatball veggie soup in the crockpot, biscuits
Thursday - chicken and rice casserole, veggies
Friday - eat out
Saturday - Asian rice with veggies, egg drop soup
Sunday - Crispy Ranch Chicken, veggies

This doesn't look too impressive with TWO nights of dining out. :( We tend to eat out once a week on our date night. But somehow, we almost always end up involved in some kind of social outing that involves yet another evening of dining out. I guess we should just be thankful for the blessings of so many friends and family that want to hang out with us. :P

2 comments:

Tana said...

If you can afford it, why not eat out with friends and family? I know y'all aren't stingy with what you have to make it so you can eat out!

Tara said...

Oh yeah, we can afford it. It's just not as healthy usually. But we do have fun going out. :)