Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hibernating

It's that time of the year...it's hot and that means I avoid going outside as much as possible. It's so much nicer inside with the A/C blasting. :-) We spent most of Memorial Day weekend relaxing inside; hibernating really. The cats love weekends like this. Josie spent almost the entire time on the couch with me, curled up purring. I haven't felt well at all, so I think she was trying to make me feel better.

This kind of laziness makes for a very boring blog. But this coming weekend we're going to Vegas, so I should have something more interesting to share after that. :-)

Just a quick update on the furry members of the family...

Harvey is doing better. He's still on 2x a day medication, but at his last check up his blood count was at 20 (up from 11). So that was great news! The bad news is that he's still scared of Mudpie and spends all day hiding on our office.

Mudpie sure is expressive. She has started throwing around her food dish when it's empty. She just picks it up and flings it. At first I thought that was her way of saying more food. But then I watched her flop down on her food dish mat and take a nap. So apparently she just wanted things out of her way so she could lay where she wanted to lay.

Our local farm stand has a big crop of carrots, organic and sweet with the tops on. It's hard around here to find carrots with tops still attached in a regular market. So I buy farm carrots every week for Mudpie and she loves them. The tops are good for her. She has also started eating kale, green peppers, and basil in addition to her lettuce. I think this rabbit eats healthier than I do! :-)



1 comment:

Lauri Dilbeck said...

He-he. I still think Mudpie is my favorite. Maybe I'll come back as a big fat rabbit in my next life!