Well, after the massive amount of complaints I unleashed yesterday, I'm really happy to have a good report today. :)
We are 23 weeks today and the girls are growing on track: one is 1lb 4oz and one is 1lb 3oz. My
cervix was still 4.4cm which is super awesome! It hasn't budged at all, which is good news because that is the one big factor that can get me on bed rest. And with all the pelvic pressure and heaviness I've been feeling lately, I am just amazed to hear that
my body really is holding these suckers in! ;)
My OB was very
pleased, and thankfully he was 100% totally cool with my weight gain. I
have only gained 8 pounds but he says that with my frame that is just
fine as long as the babies are growing. I am so grateful that he's not
putting me in a box and sticking with some crazy rule that applies to
ALL pregnant women. I've been told over and over that twin pregnancy
rule is 24 pounds by 24 weeks and that is just plain freaky. I can't imagine carrying that much extra weight and I'm sure glad I'm not being pressured into gaining a certain amount each week. It's hard enough just drinking water and eating period.
I love my OB.
I really love him! I am one of those weird women that prefers a male OB/GYN and I think it's because the men tend to be really laid back. My doctor is both kind and very competent. He asked how I was really feeling--pain wise--and said he was thinking about having
me fitted for a power scooter to help me get around. I was so excited
to hear that and really touched that he cared enough to think of it.
I've asked other doctors about that before and they always brush me off.
He was also eager to help me get physical therapy and a maternity
support belt covered by insurance. He set all that up TODAY! I go in on
Monday to have PT take care of it all. I am so excited!
Sadly, I
had to tell the office that I'm moving to Texas soon. Nick found out last night that HR is finally ready to start rolling on this and we
should be moving by the end of February!! Finally!! I am glad but so sad
to leave this OB office because I really love them. I'll see them at
least 2 more times before we go, which is good. I told my ultrasound
tech and she actually CRIED. My OB was bummed but understanding. I do feel bad because this doctor has done SO much for us and now he doesn't even get to be the one to deliver these little ones. :(
I couldn't bring myself to tell any of the nurses about our move yet. I'll wait until we have a date set in stone. As we left the office, 3 nurses came running out to see Connor. He hugged them all and they were just swooning. They love him. I know it will be tough to say good-bye.
Here are a few belly pictures. Unfortunately, both babies were curled up today and had their hands and feet covering their faces so we didn't get any good profile shots today. Hopefully next time!


1 comment:
A good OB is a FIND. I utterly adore mine, and others I know who've used him say the same. I'm glad your is wonderful. Does he have any good recs for one in Texas once you move?
I'm glad you have word on the move--but how on earth are you going to pull that off?????? Gosh, moving across town at 8 months pregnant nearly killed me. Be safe, take it easy, and get lots and lots of help!!!!!!
Lots of love and hugs and prayers, as always!!!
Post a Comment