Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bacon Pants

We have this list going. It's the "you know you're pregnant with twins when..." list.

One of my firsts? You know you're pregnant with twins when you have to wear your husband's pajama pants. Your husband who outweighs you by almost 100 pounds and is over a foot taller.

One day I had nothing to wear. Even my sweat pants felt tight around the belly. Oh, the humanity! Nick has this one pair of utterly ridiculous pajama pants that I bought him as a joke years ago. They're covered in his favorite breakfast foods: bacon, eggs, pancakes, etc. He only wears them when he has nothing else because they're too tight. I know they're the only piece of clothing that he has that are too small.

So, when I had nothing to wear one day, I pulled out these pajama pants in utter desperation. Everything else was way, way too big. :( I came out wearing them after my shower and Connor just stared at me in disbelief. "Those are Daddy's pants!" he declared.

"I know, but Mommy is borrowing them."

Connor stared at the bacon on my crotch, then walked away. I curled up into a ball on the couch and pouted. Later, he told me again that I was wearing Daddy's pants, then proceeded to point out the eggs on my knees and the pancakes on my butt. I hate these pants!



What, you ask, it's okay for Nick to wear these pants and not you? It's okay for him to walk around with bacon on his crotch? Yes, of course it's okay. I want to laugh at him, not myself. :P

I am so much smaller than Nick, I just never wear his clothes. Like some girls wear their boyfriend's shirts and look cute and sexy? That won't work here. Me wearing my husband's clothes is simply an illustration of how big I have gotten. It's scary.

So, Nick came home from work that night and stared at me sitting there in the bacon pants. "I know! I'm wearing your pants!!" I wailed.

"It's okay" he said and just smiled. I know he was just happy someone else had to endure the bacon pants for once!

Needless to say, I went out and bought myself some maternity pajama pants as soon as I could!

No comments: