Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Getting Crafty

Yet another 2012 goal is to build in more time each day for arts and crafts with Connor. We got a few new supplies and Connor has been having fun with the different things. Nick brought home a Play Doh set one day (Cars of course!) and he and Connor had a great time with that.





I found a coloring book and marker set that is pretty cool. The markers will only mark the special paper and nothing else. Connor had fun coloring with that, but he was also really obsessed with taking the caps on and off the markers. :)



We have a big supply of fuzzy sticks and had a fun afternoon making silly hats, glasses, etc. from them. Connor really liked the glasses!



It was hard getting a good picture of the bunny ears because Connor was too busy hopping around like a bunny. :)

Connor has spent a lot of time just coloring too. He's finally not eating crayons anymore. :) One of his favorite things to do is have me hold his hand with a crayon in it and help him write. We write his name, the ABC's, etc.

We have some painting projects coming up soon too. I have some things I want to hang on the wall and I got the crazy idea of letting Connor do some of the painting. :) We'll see how that goes!

1 comment:

Karen Butterworth said...

Color Wonder is a fabulous invention. When I was at Target the last time, I saw an "off brand" doing the same thing for cheaper, which is even better. :)