I am the only girl in a family of boys, boy cousins, lots of uncles, etc. I know boys far better than girls so I am not at all surprised at Connor being a little daredevil. My little brothers have given me enough heart attacks throughout the years to help prepare me to be a mother of a boy.
It still isn't all easy for me. Connor is a monkey and loves to climb! He will scramble up a any ladder at the playground and then select what I believe he knows is the slide that will scare me the very most.
Connor loves running on all the bridges at this park on base. I like the bridges too--much easier for me to chase Connor up a ramp like this than climbing up stairs! :)
Nick is so proud of Connor for being such a good little climber! Lucky for me, there are other parks that Connor enjoys that aren't quite so heart-attack inducing and I can take Connor by myself and feel pretty comfortable.
He simply adores these ladders! This one isn't nearly as tall as the park on base...
Funny, Connor always wants to climb on these animals but he rides for 10 seconds and then climbs off. Maybe he's disappointed that they don't actually go anywhere?? :)
A new discovery at a park on the other side of town. We are trying to explore more these days. :) When I saw this real rock wall, I knew Connor would go for it. And sure enough, it was the first thing he ran for! But there was no way he was going to able to climb it.
Instead he had fun running around the wall...
Love this adorable face and contagious smile! Cutest thing ever!!
A little boy showed up soon after this and he and Connor played together for a LONG time! I didn't take any pics because I just do not believe in taking photos of other people's children without permission. And it has to be a really good reason in order to ask permission. :) So I chatted with the little boy's grandma while the two kids played.
The boy was 2 1/2 and as soon as he showed up, Connor was ecstatic. They chased each other, raced up and down stairs and slides, laughed and just had a blast. It was adorable! I love that Connor has fun with other kids so much. Well, other boys I should clarify. Girls sometimes scare him but I think that is only because most little girls his age just try to hug and kiss him! :)
On our way home, we stopped at a farm that sells eggs. It was down a long, bumpy dirt country road. On the way, we saw two peacocks! I was totally surprised. I have never seen a peacock outside a zoo or arboretum! One ran away but this fella let us get his picture:
We got blessed on this day. It was in the 60's...partially cloudy, but at least it wasn't cold and windy!! A nice day to play outside.























No comments:
Post a Comment