Life with 3 of God's greatest blessings...1 darling little boy and 2 darling twin girls
Monday, January 9, 2012
More New Year Stuff
With the new year, we resumed selling a few things on EBay for extra money. This is one of my many dolls that are just stored in a box. I've never had success displaying them anywhere. I finally took the advice of a home organizing guru and took pictures to keep memories of some old toys, etc. and just sold them or gave them away. I gave a few dolls to my nieces. This one was one of my favorites and to be honest, I was sad about mailing her off to her new owner. I took a bunch of pictures of her before she left and this one Connor wanted to be in. Notice that Connor's eyes and the dolls eyes are almost the exact same color! :)
Then, I got my hair cut! I found a nice salon near us that only charges $20 for a cut and style. Score! It's so much easier taking care of shorter hair, although I find it funny that this length is still considered medium/long. I guess "short" is like really cropped, boy cut short? Anyway, I'm getting my hair cut twice this year. Next time will be mid-summer...
Connor is a bigger boy now! Instead of just playing in the nursery classes on Sunday mornings, he's officially in the 2 year old class. That means he gets bible stories and crafts and lessons! We're really excited that he's getting to experience this part of church at last. This past Sunday he was proud to show us the craft he'd made. :) It's on the fridge of course! :)
We've had unseasonably warm temperatures for the past week or so. Despite the fact that January is supposed to be Colorado Springs' coldest month, we're in the 50's and even close to 60! Sunny days with blue skies...ah! :) Definitely taking advantage of that and getting outside to play!
After a recent crazy windstorm, the yard is a WRECK! Branches are all over the place! Connor still had fun playing in the dirt though.
Knowing it should snow again, we're holding off on doing anything with the yards. We got a gardening book though and are making plans for spring. For now, our gardening consists of getting some plants indoors and planting the indoor herb garden.
So far, so good on meeting January goals! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment