It's been awhile since I promised a few indoor house pictures. With an active toddler playing in here all day, I rarely entertain ideas of sharing pictures of the living areas. This is as good as it's gonna get! :)
So, above we have the living room. This is the view looking into the living room from the hallway.
And here is a view of part of the living room from the kitchen area, looking at the front door.
The view from the front door. The little doors behind Connor's couch are to the water heater closet. To the right of that (unseen) are bigger doors to the laundry area. Not exciting enough for a picture, trust me.
The breakfast nook/dining area as seen from the kitchen. And yes, to the left there is Mudpie's cage. We moved it around a lot and is weird as it seems to have her in the kitchen area, it seems to work the best.
Here is the kitchen as you come in the door from the garage. I really like my kitchen! There's a lot more I want to do in here though. Put plants up, that sort of thing. But it's to the point now where it at least feels like my kitchen, and I really enjoy working in here.
I finally put up curtains that I love. I've turned into a big country farm lovin' girl! This reminds me of my grandma's kitchen, but in a good way. Hens and roosters and cows and little piggies...they make me smile! And I love my window overlooking the backyard. It makes for much more pleasant dish washing. :)
Oh blah...this picture came out terribly dark! But you can see that we have a nice view of the deck and backyard from our dining table. Plus there is Josie eating, just what everyone loves to see.
Lastly, here is a view of the hallway from the living room. Down there we have Connor's bedroom and bathroom, the office, and the master bedroom at the very back with a little bathroom of it's own. None of those rooms are up for being photographed yet. We don't have any lamps and until a few days ago, our master bedroom was full of a bunch of boxes and stuff that hadn't even been unpacked! Scary.
I am so guilty of letting our bedroom become a dumping ground and the last room that gets any attention. It's just awful. So, the other day I spent all afternoon cleaning and organizing in there. My kitchen got neglected, but it was worth it. Our room is all unpacked and clean (and looks twice as big!). However, it's really bare and not at all decorated. Once I get it looking at least a little cute, I'll share pictures.
We decorated for Christmas and put up the tree, and I will get all of those pictures up soon too!
4 comments:
Looks good. Were you allowed to paint or were those the previous colors?
By the way, you have my old blog still listed on your sideboard. I deleted that one and use this one now :-)
Arg, I wrote this whole comment and then it didn't post. :-p Anyway, this looks amazing--neat and tidy. I love the green walls and the sunny yellow kitchen.
Thanks ladies! These colors were all here when we moved in. We are allowed to paint but we like green and yellow and don't want to spend the $$ on painting a rental. :)
Dena, thanks for letting me know about your new blog! I had no idea. :) I'll make the update! :)
Post a Comment