Nick and I decorated the living room with balloons and had Connor's gifts all set out. When we got him up in the morning, we sang happy birthday and brought him out to see it all. His reaction was SO funny! He was all excited over the balloons but when he saw his gifts, he would look, then run over and hide behind us with a silly grin. I don't know what he was thinking, but it took us a little prodding to get him to jump on his new quad and try it out. Connor just kept giggling like he thought it was all a fun joke.
So much fun! The snow needs to melt so Connor can ride this outside.
Curious George books and CDs from Grandma Ouellette
Cars 2! Connor LOVES Cars so we were stoked to get him the 2nd movie. Of course we ended up watching it twice that day! :) We tried to make it a Cars themed day by making everything red to match Lightning McQueen.
Breakfast cinnamon muffins. We put candles in Connor's and sang happy birthday again. And again, he reacted really funny by trying to hide and grinning at us. I suppose it makes sense; it's not like Nick and I break out into song everyday! :)
Of course we wore birthday hats and included Josie.
The pasta I made was a big hit and for Connor's birthday cake we made pineapple upside down cake. He loved it! His favorite is the cherries and he managed to grab every one off the cake and eat them before we finished singing happy birthday. :)
We had fun with noise makers and hats!
Later, Connor opened up a couple of other gifts, including this book about a very hungry caterpillar. He loved it.
It was a very fun day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment