Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I Do It!

This has been going on for awhile...the "I do it" phase. Connor applies it to nearly everything, out of the blue stubborn and insisting. Suddenly one day at dinner, he was trying to climb into his seat while holding 27 Hot Wheels and so I lifted him up and plopped him in. Cue tiny 2 year old terror: "No Mommy, I do iiiiiittt!" he shrieked, then got down off the chair and climbed up again by himself. So there. Neener neener!

I almost constantly forget that any little thing can turn into an "I Do It!" screaming banshee moment, me totally and unintentionally insulting Connor. Every time It Happens, I feel blindsided.

For example, I made lunch yesterday and created a tree plate for Connor out of diced and sliced avocado and orange segments:



Connor liked it at first (yay!), and gobbled down his food...until I sat down with the other half of avocado and a spoon.


The 3/4 eaten tree was unceremoniously shoved away and my avocado was stolen before I could take a second bite. 

Is that how a big kid eats avocado? With a big spoon, not all diced up for a baby?! Give it here!


With supreme concentration, he scooped and ate and was pretty proud of himself. I sat there eating diced avocado with a baby fork.


No comments: