Is there anything more fun than potty training? Waving bye-bye to poop as it flushes down the toilet? Bursting into the bathroom without knocking, then running through the house screaming "Daddy go pee-pee!"?
I think not.
We're being casual and relaxed about the process and getting a lot of laughs too. I must say, I'm proud of Nick for being so involved and patient. Connor loves sitting on the potty, he just hasn't learned to always go.
One day, we had a rather explosive diaper situation right after dinner. Since it was so close to bath time, but not close enough, I ended up cleaning the mess as best I could and plopping Connor down on his toilet in the living room. Bad idea...now he'll want a TV in the bathroom. But the diaper was really, really yucky. I knew if I sat him in front of the TV, he'd stay still for 5 whole minutes while I cleaned up and got the bath going.
At one point, he asked for a book. Then another, and another. In the end, we sat there reading books until bath time had come and gone. When I got Connor up to finally get into the bath, we saw he had peed in the potty! Hurray!
When Nick came home from work that night, I told him Connor wanted to read a book while sitting on the toilet and that he finally went pee. Nick was very impressed. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment