My SIL has often shared the funny things that her daughter Natalie says. These have been dubbed as "Natalieisms". The things that comes out of the mouth of a 2-3 year old are most often highly amusing. As Connor gets closer to age 3, he comes up with more and more things to say that crack us up and make us wonder "Where did he come up with that?".
I really need to make it a point to jot stuff down every day before I forget. I have noticed a couple of retorts that Connor makes on a regular basis though, that are worth sharing.
Instead of outright defiance or refusals, this is how Connor will sometimes reply to things he does not agree with. He says "Let me think about that" or "I have a better idea".
A recent conversation at dinner. Nick and I are trying to get Connor to eat. He says "No Mommy!".
Nick: "You do not say no to Mommy. You do what Mommy says."
Connor, scratches at his chin as though he is truly pondering a response. He says "Hmmm...let me think about that Daddy."
Nick and I look at each other and try hard not to laugh or smile. We remind Connor that we're the boss and he needs to obey Mommy and Daddy.
Connor says, after another moment of thought, "I have a better idea! How about if Connor is the boss?"
He will often say to us that he really needs to think about a request and he always, always has a better idea than we do. :)
1 comment:
:-D For the longest time, Natalie was utterly convinced that all "no" meant was "not yet."
Post a Comment