Thursday, November 29, 2012

Titus 2:4

I just have to take a moment, while my little one is napping and the house is clean and I can sit and rest, to reflect on something wonderful.

Titus 2:4 in action in my life!

"Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God."



I have read this verse before and I'm a little ashamed to admit that the "older women" addressed in this verse always made me picture a really old lady. :) Like, this won't apply to you until you are old and gray and have gained 50 years worth of wisdom. HA! So not true.

I am seeing this verse in action in all the ladies in my life that are just a few years older than myself. I am of course grateful to my mom, mother-in-law, aunts and grandmothers that also give me great advice. But I am also so thankful for my mom friends that take time out of their busy days to answer my questions and give me ideas when I am pulling my hair out in frustration or feeling discouraged.

A recent example was my plea for ideas to occupy my Connor. A beautiful group of online friends jumped into the discussion with a slew of amazing ideas. I was blown away and humbled and ever so grateful. These ladies ROCK! It hits me every now and then that although these friends of mine have 4 or more children and a lot more experience than I do, they are not that much older than me. They are all in their 30's!

They don't shrug and say "geez whiz, I'm just as lost as you are!". No, they look at what has worked for them, even if it was something new they tried a week ago. They share what they are trying and their hard-eared wisdom and experience.

I love to see how we Christian women help one another, with encouragement, ideas, recipes, prayer. I am at that point in my life where I honestly can't imagine doing this alone and feel surrounded by a community of loving women...mostly online! What a blessing!

Thank you ladies! Let's keep doing the good work.


2 comments:

Karen Butterworth said...

I remember hearing once that most women should find themselves in both categories to an extent for most of their lives. In other words, there will always be someone who has more experience and wisdom than you from whom you can learn, and there will always be someone with less experience and wisdom than you whom you can bless and teach. Kind of neat.

Anyway, I'm glad you have other moms on which to call! YAY!!!!

Tara said...

I think that is very true. It came up in bible study a few years ago and some of the older women basically said to us: yes, you can and should be mentoring younger ladies. You don't wait until you're at a certain age or have attained a specific amount of wisdom.

Anyway, yes it is a blessing to have so many women in my life to support me, both near and far. :)