Saturday, August 14, 2010

137 pictures

I have over 1300 pictures on my digital camera! With two big trips coming up, I knew I had to make room for more pictures. I went through and deleted every one that was not of Connor and a few of Connor that had bad lighting. etc. I was still only able to delete 137 pictures! For some reason, I just can't delete all of the pictures, even though they're all in folders on my computer and burned onto CDs. I'm just so afraid of losing them all forever. :( What to do??

So, I am starting a scrapbook today. I know I should have done this months ago but it was too overwhelming. My punishment for such procrastinating is wading through over a thousand photos to put in a book for Connor. My goal is to add a month per week to the book. I'm doing it all online, so it shouldn't be too hard (I hope!). I sure hope by the time Connor is a year old, I'll have the money to have the book printed. :)

Today is another cooking day. It is hotter than Hades outside and we ventured out to get roasted green chiles from the Mexican market for our enchilada sauce. Poor Connor was sweaty and pink-cheeked when we returned. He was happy to be stripped down to his diaper and suck on a cup of ice water:


We have a pork roast and a beef roast in the oven. The chicken is cooked and cooling on the counter. Soon, I'll be shredding about 6 lbs of meat!

I'm getting ready to peel a huge amount of potatoes and carrots, chop up a butternut squash and apples, and steam some cauliflower. Hopefully I will have all of this pureed and into the freezer for Connor by tonight.

I'm going to be cooking every day, all day, until we leave for California. Lest you think I neglect my sweet husband, don't worry: I'm cooking for him too! :) A big pot of chili and a pot of chicken stew, divided into individual serving containers and stacked in the freezer.

Right now, my baby is taking a nap and I'm taking a break...

No comments: