So far, so good on the recipes this week!
The beef stew made from leftover pot roast was awesome. I added extra carrots, celery. potatoes, half a bag of frozen peas and half a bag of frozen corn into the pot with the cooked meat and veggies and about 2 quarts of beef stock. I made a gravy with about 1 cup of that stock at the end and added it to the whole pot. My mom declared it "perfect" which is a huge compliment coming from her. :) Even Connor enjoyed some carrots and potatoes pureed. I fixed something called Nun's Puffs to go with the stew. I found the recipe in my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. They were really easy to make; my dad said they taste just like crepes. It was a hit!
I fixed Creamy Italian Chicken and invited my brother Michael over to share. I also fixed roasted carrots, roasted beets and peas and corn. Too bad I didn't get a picture because the carrots and beets were very pretty. Nick and Michael loved it all and Nick surprised me by trying the beets and actually enjoying them! I agreed it was all very good. If you like Italian dressing, I'd say try this recipe out. I'll make it again, but next time with penne pasta instead of shells.
Today I made the Pink Noodles from the leftover roasted beets. Lucky for you, I have a picture of the leftover Creamy Italian Chicken alongside this dish. :)
Okay, I can totally see why Pink Noodles was deemed a "toddler's dish". Pink indeed! I am sure this is a lot of fun for kids. But Nick and I loved it too, as unappealing as it might look, it tasted really good and was SO fast and easy to make!
Boil, cook and drain pasta. In the pot, add 2 TB of butter and mix in the pasta. Add chopped up beets and sliced olives. Mix, and there you go. I think next time I would do more beets and a more fun pasta shape. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment