Everywhere we go, women make a fuss over Connor. He stares up at them calmly with his gorgeous blue eyes while they coo and gasp and squeal. He is very much used to this kind of attention. The other day, we took Connor swimming and shared the pool with just one sweet old lady. She made the typical fuss and asked us if he was Scottish or Irish. :)
After awhile, she went to leave and was halfway out of the pool when she stopped and asked me "wait, what's his name?".
"Connor"; I say while he splashes my face enthusiastically.
"Connor!" she exclaims. "With that red hair and blue eyes AND a name like Connor, you're going to have to chase all the girls away!".
I laugh and she turns to leave again. But she stops and turns back to me and says with utter seriousness: "Really, it's the name Connor. It's just perfect for him".
I thought that was so cute and funny. A lot of people think Connor's name suits him so well and that makes us very happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment