I have to share these pictures before we leave for California. I forgot to mention that Connor tried something new on his playdate: puffs! I knew Connor was ready to try finger foods, but since he has no teeth yet, I wasn't sure what to give him. Riley's grandma Jeni had some puffs on hand and assured me they dissolve in the mouth so quickly, there is no choking danger. I let Connor try some. He really enjoyed practicing picking up a puff and trying to get it into his mouth. It kept him so occupied, Nick and I decided to get him some puffs so he could practice at home.
Now, normally I wouldn't feed Connor anything like this. For a whole host of reasons I'm not going to go into right now. He's had maybe 5 Gerber puffs. I found some organic, gluten-free puffs from Happy Baby that I must go pick up tomorrow! Happy Baby=Happy Mama. :)
It is great fun to watch him concentrate so seriously on this new task...
The quality that makes puffs dissolve in the mouth also makes them stick very easily to Connor's hands. Poor guy---if they weren't so sticky, I think he'd get a lot more puffs in his mouth. Hmmm...on second thought, I'm kinda glad they're sticky. :)
And they stick to his lips! LOL! I admired Connor's determination: he just kept trying to get a puff in between two fingers and into his mouth. He missed 9 times out of 10, but never got frustrated. He got a giant grin on his face when he managed to get one into his mouth finally. :) Too bad I didn't get a picture of that!
We are hitting the road to San Diego Thursday morning. I am finally done cooking! Whew!
And our freezer is totally packed! I have white chicken chili, regular chili, and a roast for Nick. Cereal, lamb, yogurt, and a ton of different fruit and veggie purees for Connor. I'm too tired to list them all, but one is new and was really tasty. I peeled and diced fresh peaches and apples, simmered in water till tender and then pureed it with mashed banana. It is SO good! :)
My grandma lives very close to an amazing farm stand in San Diego, so we'll plan on picking up fresh bananas and avocado for Connor there. I've got laundry done, toys and baby dishes/utensils washed. I just need to pack it all up tomorrow.
I sure hope I get to take a nap at some point during the long drive on Thursday! I really need it! :) Hope everyone has a great week. We'll update you on our trip when we get home next week.







1 comment:
Have a GREAT trip!!!!!! :) Talk to you when you get back!
Post a Comment