Here is one of the little projects that Connor and I have been working on. I wanted to preserve some of his first pieces of art work in a special way. He does paint a lot and I know I can't keep everything. Here are a couple of ways you can preserve your child's art. I'm sure this is in a book somewhere but I actually thought of it on my own...not that it's genius creativity or anything, but I am pleased with how it all came out. :)
I took photos of Connor painting for the first time...his expressions of awe and delight are priceless! I ordered prints and glued them onto some of his art and then laminated it. We gave these keepsakes to Connor's grandparents and great-grandparents. I made one for myself too.
Another idea is to make cards out of artwork. I took a larger painting and cut it into 3 small cards. We wrote a message on the back, Happy Birthday on the front and glued on a funny picture of Connor. Then we laminated them. This one was for my friend Sarah. I am happy with these as well; it was actually cheaper to make than buying a card at the store! Plus of course it is more personal and I may be weird, but I think Connor's paintings are actually pretty because we use lots of color and glitter and confetti to add pizzaz. :)
I hope everyone liked their gifts and maybe you will be inspired to do the same. I will probably continue to make gifts like this out of Connor's art. You never know...it may be worth a fortune one day when he's a famous artist! ;)
I'm only half-kidding...
No comments:
Post a Comment