Monday, August 1, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

This worked out nicely. We went to the farm Saturday morning and picked up some seasonal produce. While Connor napped that afternoon, I planned some meals around what I bought and put together this weeks' menu. I really need to do this every week; I feel so organized! :)

Our farm had a HUGE surplus of onions. I bought a bag and that was the base for a few of these meals.

Monday: French onion soup, bread

Tuesday: Chili, cornbread, fruit salad. I am making this for us plus a family at church so wish me luck as I serve up 15 people!

Wednesday: Out on the town

Thursday: Yakisoba chicken, egg drop soup

Friday: Sundried Tomato and Feta Roast, salad (I have a bunch of sundried tomatoes and feta to use up, so I was pretty excited to find this recipe! It's new though so we'll see if it's a hit or not).

I have given up trying to plan weekend meals. It seems we always go out, which is mostly to escape the house and tension here, not cooking laziness. :(

No comments: